Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sponge Bob Square Pants - my second fondant cake (May 14 - 2011)

This cake was made as a surprise for one of my friends when her son turned 5 years old. She wanted to order a Sponge Bob Square Pants cake because Sponge Bob is her son's favorite cartoon character, but she was disappointed that all she could find were cakes with an edible image of Sponge Bob, not shaped as Sponge Bob. My best friend had the idea of me trying to make one and if I succeed we'll surprise our mutual friend with the much wanted cake for her beloved son... I was very pleased with the way it turned out in the end, my friend was impressed and her son was very happy. It was tasty too, with mixed wild berries filling and dark chocolate ganache inside.




 When I thought the cake is finished, I realized I made Sponge Bob somewhat "suicidal" by placing his belt on the shirt's collar instead of his trousers, huge mistake!
 Did not have the heart to let Sponge Bob choke himself to death, so I took care of his depression...
 He is happy again...
 All the accessories (arms and sleeves, eyes, mouth, nose, belt, necktie, etc) were made with gum paste.
 I brushed the dimples in the "sponge" with green luster dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment